Are you looking for fun day trips for your family to take during your quick holiday break? If so, you’re in luck! From winter wonderlands to cozy cafes, New Brunswick has plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained during the Christmas break. Here are a few of our top picks for family-friendly day trips in the province.
1. Fundy National Park: Spend the day exploring the winter wonderland of Fundy National Park. Take in the majestic views of the snow-covered trails, or cozy up with hot cocoa in one of the park’s cozy cafes. With plenty of activities for all ages, this is an ideal spot for a fun day trip. Winter in Fundy lets you spend the day with various activities such as winter trails, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating, and Sliding and tobogganing.
2. Have fun at Magic Mountain: Magic Mountain is a winter-themed amusement park located in Moncton. It’s a great place to take the family for a day of fun rides and activities. Upon arrival, you can take the Magic Express to the summit, where you’ll find plenty of wintertime fun. You can take a ride on the mountain’s four–person chairlift or explore the snow tubing lanes. For those looking for a more adrenaline–filled experience, there are multiple terrain parks and half–pipes for snowboarding and skiing. From snow tubing to ice skating, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
3. Visit the Magnetic Hill Zoo: Take a trip to the Magnetic Hill Zoo and get up close and personal with some of New Brunswick’s most beloved animals. The zoo is open year-round and offers plenty of opportunities for families to learn and explore. During the winter months, the Magnetic Hill Zoo offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy. Take a guided tour of the zoo and learn about the animals and their habitats. Attend a special event or workshop and discover the wonders of wildlife. Or, enjoy a warm winter day by taking a hayride around the zoo or going on a snowshoe hike.
4. Enjoy a day of skiing at Crabbe Mountain: Crabbe Mountain is a great destination for a family day trip, with its picturesque views, exciting ski runs, and cozy lodges, your family will never forget their day at the mountain. For the more adventurous families, Crabbe Mountain is the perfect spot for a day trip. The mountain offers an array of winter activities for all ages and skill levels. Beginner skiers and snowboarders can take advantage of lessons and beginner slopes, while experienced skiers and snowboarders can challenge themselves on the mountain‘s more advanced runs. There‘s also a terrain park on the mountain for even more thrilling winter fun.
5. Mactaquac Provincial Park is a winter wonderland! Located just north of Fredericton, Mactaquac provides a great winter experience for visitors. From cross–country skiing and snowshoeing to snowmobiling and ice fishing, there is something for everyone. In the winter months, the park is blanketed in snow and the scenery is spectacular. Cross–country skiing trails meander through the park and provide a great way to take in the winter beauty. There are also groomed snowshoe trails and a variety of terrain for snowmobiling. The park also offers a variety of winter events and activities. Visitors can take part in a snowshoe hike and learn about the park‘s wildlife. There‘s also an ice fishing derby that provides a fun and competitive way to try your luck on the lake. For those looking for a more leisurely experience, the park also offers ice skating and ice sculpture workshops. Visitors can take part in a guided tour of the park and learn about its history and the plants and animals that call it home. There are also a variety of snowshoe and cross–country skiing lessons available for those who want to learn something new.
No matter where you choose to go, there’s no shortage of fun day trips for families in New Brunswick. From outdoor adventures to cultural attractions, you’re sure to find something to keep your family entertained during this holiday break.